Monday 1 July 2013

The Lauren Oliver Appreciation Post! Plus Interview!

Hello again readers,

                     I am a massive fan of the writer Lauren Oliver, and I have a small addiction to all her books. She is probably one of my favorite YA writers, and although she isn't quite as popular as writer's such as Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games) and  Stephenie Meyer (Twilight), she definitely deserves to be among them.

Lauren Oliver has written lots of books, the most famous of which would probably be Before I Fall and the Delirium series. Here is the Book Trailer for 'Delirium'

Lauren Oliver has written books that could be described as masterpieces, and that is no understatement. This year she was at BEA (Book Expo America), I would have died to be there, only problem is I'd have to make the 3461.659 mile journey across the Atlantic to go see her...yep, I can see a slight problem there... so Lauren Oliver, if you could pop over to Scotland some time and visit the Edinburgh Book Festival, then I would very much appreciate it, ta.

As well as YA books, Lauren Oliver also is working on writing for middle grade readers, and I think she's written a few for adults as well. Both the Delirium series and Before I Fall are rumored to be made into movies, which would be, in short, EPIC!!

Anyway, somehow, I have managed to get an interview with Lauren Oliver, I know, I am a genius, so here it is! 


Who or what inspired to to start writing, did you always want to be a writer?
My parents are both writers and literary professors, so I grew up in an environment full of books and writing! It's always been a way that I expressed myself.

Who is your favorite author/book? Do you think this influences your books in any way?
I can't pick a favorite! I love Roald Dahl a lot, Matilda was my favorite book when I was young. I think his writing has influenced my Middle Grade work a lot, like my books Liesl & Po, and The Spindlers.

How did you come up with the idea for the 'Delirium Series'?
I really wanted to write a book series about all different kinds of love, and I was intrigued by the idea of love as a disease... especially since love can make you feel sick so often!

Is there any exciting upcoming events that we should look out for?
On July 27th I have an event at Books of Wonder in NYC that I'm really looking forward to. It's called Lauren Oliver and Elizabeth Miles: From Childhood Friends to Published Authors... and I get to do it with my best friend!

So I Hope you enjoyed that! Lauren Oliver is among one of my favorite writers, and I was really happy when she replied to my email asking for an interview for this blog, so thanks a million Lauren!

Keep Reading,
BookWorm xx


No comments:

Post a Comment