Monday 22 July 2013

JULY READS- What I've been Reading and My Favourites

Hello again everyone!

I've decided to start up a monthly feature, on basically all the books I've read or think you should read during the month and what I thought of them, not a full review on each but a score out of 5 on each book and a comment. I may chose to review one or two of them, just depends what I feel like really!

Anyway, here is my July stack (including title and author):

PS. I Love You by Celia Ahern
Pretty Things by Sarra Manning

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley

(Not Photographed- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver)


PS. I Love You by Celia Ahern- I've actually read this twice now, the first time it reduced me to tears and the second time I read it I was very close to crying again! The perfect summer read for lying on the beach, makes you laugh and cry at the same time! It's actually an adult book but I hope that won't put you off! 4/5

Pretty Things by Sarra Manning- As soon as I started reading this book I was so bored I wanted to put it down again, but I persevered for you good people and it was still so boring. To be fair though, it did start to get better towards the end and I got into it, but lets just say this isn't the classiest of books... 2/5


Delirium by Lauren Oliver- As you may know, Lauren Oliver is fast becoming one of my favourite authors, and I was lucky enough to get an interview with the woman herself, so check that out! I reread all her books this summer so you may get to see a few in the bundles or getting reviewed. Just as good as the first time, oh I just love her...!! 5/5

How I live Now by Meg Rosoff- This was Rosoffs first book, so I shouldn't be too critical and also it is a very popular book. I just didn't really get this one though, it was just sooo not what I was expecting, and also I felt really uncomfortable with the fact that she falls in love with her cousin, erlack! But a good book in  general, I just found the way it was written so confusing. 3/5

The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley- I don't know why, but I really struggled to get into this book and breathed a sigh of relief when it was over. I read the reviews on Goodreads though, and everyone seemed to think it was a great book, so I'm gonna try and give it a second chance and read it again. So I am not going to score this one.

 Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- Deja Vu much? I know, I've got two books from the same author in this bundle, but I just love her too much not to! This book really changed my perspective on life, I honestly could read this book 10 times and wouldn't get bored of it, though the ending wanted to make me tell Lauren Oliver to rewrite it! 4/5

I hope you enjoyed that! As I said, I think I might make it a monthly thing, depends if you guys like it or not! Leave a comment to let me know, and any ideas for posts as I'm always running out of them!

Keep reading                            
BookWorm xx






No comments:

Post a Comment